Following a degree in Drama, Loraine qualified as a nurse in 1987, initially working with kidney transplant patients, then within a range of specialisms until finally completing her nursing career within the field of sexual health.
Dealing with the sexual health of young people in particular prompted her to make the decision to make a move to working with adolescents on a more focused basis and thus began her teaching career.
After gaining a Masters degree in Special and Inclusive Education and the National Professional Qualification for Head Teachers, Loraine went on to become the Head of a Pupil Referral Unit working with troubled young people.
Having counselled previously both as a volunteer for MIND and for Childline North West, Loraine continued to develop her career in the therapeutic dimension, completing a Diploma in Performance coaching and successfully working on self esteem and goal setting with her clients.
A concentrated period working with weight management followed, during which Loraine wrote and implemented a weight management programme which utilised a cognitive behavioural approach, leading to successful weight losses for her clients.
Now practicing from therapy rooms in Leigh, Lancashire, Loraine offers a range of therapeutic interventions using an eclectic ‘mix’ of psychotherapy, CBT, hypnotherapy and NLP to provide an individualised solution for each client.
Loraine ’s Qualifications
- BA Drama and English
- Registered Nurse
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- MEd Special and Inclusive Education
- Diploma in Performance Coaching
- Certificate Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate in Nutrition (Distinction)
- Diploma Psychotherapy
- Diploma Hypnotherapy
- Certificate In Stress Management
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD)
- Diploma NLP
- Advanced Diploma in Health and Social Care
- A1 and V1 Assessor Qualifications
- Reiki Practitioner
- Diploma in Energy Anatomy
- Diploma in Emotional Freedom Technique
- Advanced Practitioner Diploma in Crystal Healing<
- Diploma in Colour Therapy.
Therapy rooms in Leigh
Address: 196 Chapel St, Leigh WN7 2DW
Loraine is registered with the Federation of Holistic Therapists.